Windows 7, 8, 8.1: L2TP/IPSec VPN Setup
- Open Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel. This is normaly easiest done by right-clicking on the network icon in the system tray, and then click Network and Sharing Center
- In the Network and Skaring center, click Setup a new connection or network
- Choose Connect to a workplace then Next
- If asked if you want to use an existing connection, Choose NO, create a New connection
otherwise, continue with next step.
- Click Use my Internet Connection (VPN)
- Enter the server name in the “Internet Address” field. Choose the appropriate server address from the Server address List
- Type (we suggest) NordicVPN in the “Destination name” field
- Check Don't connect now then Next
- Type in your VPN Username and Password in their respective fields; leave Domain blank. (From the welcome email! - NOT the username/passwordto log in here at the web site.)
- Check Remember this password
- Click Create. In the next screen, do NOT click "Connect Now", instead click "Close".
- You should now be back to the Network and Sharing Center. Click Connect to a network.
- In the list that pops up you should see the SeSvenskTV! connection that you have just set up. Right-Click on the SeSvenskTV! connection listing, and choose Properties.
- Click on the Security tab, and in the Type of VPN drop-down list, choose "L2TP/IPSEC"
- Next, click the Advanced Settings Button.
- Check "Use preshared key for authentication". Then in the textbox labelled "Key", enter the "Preshared Key" from the Server address List, corresponding to the server address you entered in step 9.
- Then click the "OK" button, and "OK" again, to save the properties.
Your connection is now set up.
How to Connect
- In the Windows Taskbar, click on the Network icon
- Click on NordicVPN, then click on the Connect button
- Type in your NordicVPN Username and Password in their respective fields, unless they are saved already.
(Please make sure the "Domain" field, if visible, is empty!)
- Click Connect